Sr. Financial Analyst, AVP - Small Business Job
Date: May 27, 2013
Location: Dallas, TX, US
Comerica invites you to explore the award-winning culture, people, rewards and opportunities that make Comerica Bank so special. Make your next career choice a confident one. The Financial Analyst provides support to select strategic lines of business at Comerica Bank.
Successful incumbents have strong functional and technical skills, can learn on the fly, are effective problem solvers, are organized, inform as needed, are action-oriented, display strong written communication skills, are customer focused and strive for self-development.
An example of such an incumbent is someone with strong analytical skills, strong communication skills, has the ability to leverage end-user software skills in order to create analysis, and has a strong drive to completion.
Comerica Bank uses IBM Lotus Notes for database, calendaring and e-mail functions.
The Financial Analyst position is located at 1717 N. Main Street, Dallas, TX and reports to a Financial Manager, VP.
1. Proactively resolve MIS issues impacting performance and review impact with business unit(s) and Divisional Financial Officers.
2. Coordinate and execute the monthly / annual forecast analysis process with assigned business unit(s) including the development of targets and coordination with Division Finance Officers and management.
3. Coordinate and execute the review of monthly reporting and results process with assigned business unit(s). Provide analytical support and recommendations on key financial issues. This includes the research and explanation of variances to the plan in coordination with assigned business unit(s).
4. Provide financial support to business units. Maintain financial oversight and make recommendations on financial issues to assigned business unit (s). Act as primary financial partner for assigned business unit(s) and be an active participant at team meetings.
5. Provide project financial support and analytics related to financial and other performance metrics to assigned business unit(s).
6. Lead and/or present financial analysis and results to business unit(s).
We know that our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in their future to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. One of the ways we do this is to offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs which are regularly reviewed to maintain them at competitive levels. Your salary will be commensurate with your work experience.
Travel is not required of this position.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 years financial analysis experience
- 2 years experience managing a small to medium projects
- 3 years experience using Excel; including pivot tables, graphs, charts
- 3 years experience presenting data to management
- 3 year experience in building financial models
- 3 year experience using MIS or financial reporting tools such as Hyperion
Comerica Incorporated (NYSE: CMA) is a financial services company headquartered in Dallas, Texas, and strategically aligned by the Business Bank, the Retail Bank, and Wealth & Institutional Management. Comerica's 10,000 colleagues focus on relationships, and helping people and businesses be successful. In addition to Texas, Comerica Bank locations can be found in Arizona, California, Florida and Michigan, with select businesses operating in several other states, as well as in Canada and Mexico.
Upon offer, Comerica conducts a comprehensive background check and a hair follicle drug test. Upon hire, a fingerprinting check is completed.
Comerica is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity.
Primary Location: US-TX-Dallas
Job: Finance & Accounting
Shift: Day Shift
Work Hours (Example: 8:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday): 8:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segments: Financial, Banking, Bank, ERP, Financial Analyst, Finance, Technology